Thursday, February 28, 2008

Show Clean-Up

BMAC is over; Vacation is over. February is almost over!
It's back to work. My work is getting the orders all entered in the computer. I also have to clean-up some data, get it so it is consistent. Bill claims he can't follow it--one time I entered B for black, then Bl, then Bk. That and a few other things that over the years have been inconsistant. So I guess that's the first job for today. I spent yesterday entering orders, answering e-mail and phone messages.
Generally when we go to a major show we have new designs. This year we had 7 new styles of boxes and 1 new table. After I had entered the orders, I did a little playing with the numbers, and discovered that this time, buyers discovered the new things, for 1/3 of the items sold were new styles! It's nice to get that kind of feedback on new work.

We have less than a month before Bill teaches a class about building tables for the Guild of Oregon Woodworkers. And it's just 7 weeks until we're off to Las Vegas for the ACRE show. Bill has to produce many items before we go so our customers have items in their stores/galleries for Mother's Day, graduations, Father's Day, weddings and anniversaries. Just thinking about all there is to do makes me wish there were more hours in the day, and maybe I should not take out three hours every other day for exercising! But that's important too, and what keeps me a able to move better and feel better, so I'll be off to the pool (20min to get there, at least 75 min in the pool, 20 to shower, then another 20 minutes to get home) at noon.

Our flowers are getting ready for their annual showcase. Daffidils have buds getting ready to open up; Crocus are blooming, and many others are poking up. Spring will be here soon! Perhaps no more cold weather for several months; I put away my gloves and scarf for the year, and now it's the light jacket! And the sun is shining!

No comments: