Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Bridge



Hoover Dam has served as a bridge between Nevada and Arizona since it was built. As a child, I had always heard of this manmade wonder, and three years ago I finally got to see it. But the wonder to see is high in the sky above the river and dam--a bridge.




The four lane freeway leading to the bridge is complete. They are still working on the bridge. Two years ago just the parts near the edge were visible and could be seen. Last year, tall masts and a bit of the curved portion were there. This year, it actually ooked like it would one day be a bridge. It is massive! It is high! (I don't know if I will be able to cross over on it--I am afraid of heights.) But it is a piece of our engineering that will rank up there with the Hoover Dam and Golden Gate Bridge. And we saw it being built!




No comments: